YORK COUNTY, S.C. — York County’s 16 Collection & Recycling Centers are transitioning back to normal operations with adherence to COVID-19 preventive measures.
Beginning Thursday, May 14th, the 16 centers will operate in the following manner.
- All materials will be accepted, including the collection of white goods (appliances), electronics, paint, batteries, oils and fluorescent bulbs.
- The quantity of material accepted will be limited to the equivalent of one pick-up load per trip.
- Patrons need to bring only items that can be disposed of without assistance from staff.
To protect the health and safety of residents and York County employees, the centers will continue to ask people and staff to adhere to the following CDC guidelines.
- Maintain six feet of distance between each person
- Do not congregate or engage in prolonged socialization
- Minimize contact with all surfaces at the centers
Temporary traffic controls established at the Baxter, Lesslie, Lake Wylie, Mt. Gallant and Eastview Centers are removed. Travel with cautions visiting.
For any questions or additional information, please call Public Works at (803) 628-3181.