Monday Family Spinach Stuffing Recipe
2 Pkg’s chopped frozen spinach
¼ lb butter or margarine
1 Medium Onion Finely Chopped
Salt Pepper and Lemon juice to taste
2 pkgs of Pepperidge farm (blue bag) stuffing
Few splashes of milk
Cook spinach following pkg instructions – drain very well. Melt butter and sauté onions lightly – add spinach and sauté all together.
Add salt pepper and lemon juice (cap full or 2) to taste.
Mix well and put in large mixing bowl.
Add stuffing, then milk to thicken and moisten consistency.
Use wide spatula to mush down entire mix is a 9×13 pan
Bake 350 about 30 minutes until top is just slightly getting crunchy and enjoy!
Pecan Pie Bars
Yields 4 dozen
2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 sticks cold, unsalted butter, cubed
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cups pecans, chopped
1 2/3 cups corn syrup
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F in line and 9 x 13“ baking dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper
- In a food processor or a large bowl, pulse together flour, sugar and salt (of crust ingredients) until combined
- Slowly add in cold butter and pulse until mixture is coarse and crumbly.
- Turn dough out into line baking dish and press it evenly into the bottom and around the edges
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and set-aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, honey, butter and vanilla extract
- Fold in pecans and mix so they are thoroughly coated. Then pour over hot crust
- Return to oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until filling has set
- Remove and let cool completely before extracting aluminum foil from baking dish, cutting into bars and serve!